Senior server engineer
Would you like to be part of an organization driven by enthusiasm and oriented towards global harmony and individual empowerment?
The foothills of the Velliangiri mountains, forty kilometers from the city of Coimbatore in South India, serve as a home for the Isha Yoga Center.
The center is dedicated to fostering inner transformation and creating a stable state of well-being in individuals.
The large residential facility houses an active international community of brahmacharis, full-time volunteers, and visitors.
Every week, thousands of people converge at the center to seek inner peace and well-being, making it a vibrant hub of spiritual growth and activity.
Read more about Isha Foundation...
Purpose of the Job
A Server Engineer takes the lead in maintaining the server and desktop infrastructure across various locations of an organization to ensure that its users can easily access mission-critical applications. The individual troubleshoots issues at both the server and PC levels.
Educational Qualification : Bachelor's degree(Computer science/IT)
Skill Competencies :
1. 5-8 years experience majorly in Servers, knowledge in Networks as well.
2. Proficiency in Systems Administration in Linux- Ubuntu (Installation, Configuration, Upgrading & Maintenance).
3. Should have worked on Apache, Nginx, Mysql, PHP, Redis, Mongodb, Postgres.
4. Should have Infrastructure level programming skills (Eg: Python).
5. Should have knowledge in Server Hardware (Should have some experience in Data Center).
6. Server performance tuning, including disk drive capacity within defined limits, network connectivity, virtualization, process monitoring and control, memory utilization, performance monitoring.
7. Experience in handling large traffic websites/large scale events (traffic in millions of visitors). Ability to load test web applications to handle heavy loads by using tools like k6, loadimpact and identify the weak points in an application.
8. Should have worked on Windows AD, DNS, DHCP, Print Server.
9. Knowledge on Virtualization Tools (VMWare).
10. ITIL certification preferable or strong process knowledge.
11. Bring automation wherever applicable with the focus in security.
12. Ability to provide clear RCA if there is an issue.
Experience : 7 ~ 10years
Gender : Male